I grew up in surfing in Southern California and after an amazing career in IT consulting, I left to follow my dreams of moving pictures. I started shooting small neighborhood surf contests and soon discovered Stand Up Paddling while on vacation in Hawaii. It was there I fell in love with the sport and took my camera back to Hawaii several times determined to make a film. The film never really happened. But I made a lot of amazing friends and when my first film, Destination 3 Degrees premiered in 2010, it traveled not just Hawaii but the globe. Since that first film, I made two more. I traveled the country shooting races, I got two of the most prestigious prone paddleboard races as clients and I woke up to living the life I always dreamed of. I am not just a film maker, I am also a paddler. I prone paddle and stand up paddle for the Bark, Surftech and Maui Jim teams. It’s so amazing to blend my athletic pursuits with my cinematic pursuits. So if you want more then a “video guy” but a person rooted in the sport and the community, let’s talk. I have more experience then any other video person making content specifically for this unique community.
Some of the highlights of my career and the amazing team of Soul Surf Media (my former company) and Fin Film Company.
Film / Documentary Work
- Destination 3 Degrees (director, producer, editor)-Movie of the Year “SUP Awards” 2011 ). D3 earned screenings at Santa Barbara International Film Festival, Puerto Rico International Film Festival, DocMiami, Ventura Film Festival, Green Film Festival (Australia), Indie Spirit Awards and selected by Mountain Film as a Documentary Award Winner, Alaska International Film Fest Winner “Best Action Sports Film”, Honolulu Film Festival “Kokua Award, Documentary”
- “XOXO”- Short Film (co-director, editor, co-producer / combo project with Eye Deal Productions). Maui International Film Festival Winner “Best Made in Hawaii Short Film”
- “Calico Syndicate” (director, editor)- Official Selection Fly Fishing Film Tour (90 city film tour featuring fly fishing films from across the globe)
- “Decade of Dominance” – (co-editor, co-director) – Combo project with Eye Deal Productions. Toured in international film festivals, screened at races across the country. DVD and digital sales on line.
Event Client Highlights
- Molokai 2 Oahu Paddleboard World Championships – Production lead (co-ordinated with Ocean Paddler TV) on site interviews, shooting, footage coordinator, news media content, VNR (Video News Release) preparation, editorial for all official event videos)
- Catalina Classic (Bark Paddleboards 2012 – 2016, as of 2017 official video production for the Catalina Classic)- all on site video production, all editorial and assets for Bark, Surftech and as of 2017, the Catalina Classic
- Carolina Cup – First event production for the inaugural Carolina Cup Races in 2011. Included same day edits and highlight reels to promote the race
All told, our event videos have been viewed hundreds of thousands of times and helped to create the energy around what are today, some of the largest events in SUP and Paddleboard.
We work on rates that are affordable to most events, individuals and brands.